As I’m sure you’ve noticed if you stepped outside this morning, we’ve had a cold front come through and overhaul our temperatures — today has been markedly cooler than yesterday, and tomorrow will be even chillier. The National Weather Service, in a statement issued early this morning, suggests that things could dip as low as the upper 30′s tonight in far-inland regions! This is the first real potent cold air mass that we’ve seen all year. Do you remember where your sweaters are? :) Don’t get too used to it just yet, though, as a look at the long range forecast shows that the warmer temperatures will return by Sunday night or so. It’s not time to stow your shorts and t-shirts for winter — then again, when is that ever an option in Charleston? ;)
Some other stuff going on:
- I’m seriously bummed that I can’t make ConvergeSouth this year. I’ll definitely try and go next year…just some things I can’t control. It looks like it’ll be a fantastic conference.
- Happy Birthday, Sammy Hagar. For a guy who’s in his mid-60′s, he sure seems ageless and still puts on a killer show.
- Midterm update: As you guys know, I did my meteorology midterm on Wednesday. I may know the results today, not sure yet. Monday will be my biology midterm ; that one could prove to be a real crapshoot in terms of difficulty. Tuesday is yet another Comm Theory exam (we have four in there). That one will be a bit of a doozy as well. But once that’s done, it’ll be a tad bit smoother sailing up to Fall Break. Thanks to everyone who’s written me with wishes of good luck. :)
- For the nerdy among us who get thrills of running different operating systems inside virtual machines comes news of the release of the Virtual PC 2007 beta. This is good news for me, as I think I’ll want to upgrade to this at work. I’m using Windows Vista at work and Virtual PC 2004 is painful under Vista right now, so here’s to hoping 2007 brings better performance. Ideally, I’d have VMWare Workstation or something like that (which offers far greater performance than Virtual PC), but hey, VPC is free. :)
- Finally, if you’re not a regular reader of the Lowcountry blogging contingent, I heartily recommend this post by Jason Zwiker — I consider it required reading for everybody. A little gut-check never hurts every once in a while.
Enjoy your Friday!