Thoughts while watching Josh Beckett surgically dismantle the Indians’ lineup:
- Birth control for 11-year-olds. Say that out loud. If it looks absurd, and sounds absurd, it’s probably…well, absurd. Maine is out of its mind.
- Good for Joe Torre, telling the Yankees “no thanks” to their one-year-deal that screams that they have more faith in a snail, or in this case, Don Mattingly, to manage the Bombers. He knew when he wasn’t wanted.
- Memo to Rafael Perez from an armchair baseball manager who has never played a day of organized baseball in his life: Always go for the sure out. Don’t try to be a hero.
- These late postseason games are really beginning to wear on me. They are just way too late in the day for most reasonable people to enjoy.
- I’m really glad tomorrow is Friday.