I’m home from San Diego! The trip went pretty well. The service was outstanding, and paid a great tribute to my Aunt Sobeida. Now she’s pain free, in a much better place. There were over 200 at the funeral mass. What a great, great turnout.
A few interesting notes from the trip:
– I saw a truck yesterday with its back wheel hydraulics lowered completely to the ground, presumably a deterrent against theft. LOL. It, combined with the silhouette of the scantily-clad, well-appointed girl on the grill, made it look pretty frickin’ ridiculous.
– One of the flight attendants was late to my flight this morning. We left 45 minutes late, but only ended up 10 minutes behind schedule. The Jet Stream is fantastic. So are 767s, for that matter.
– Those “air puffers” in one of the security screening lines at San Diego’s Lindbergh Field are wild.
– It’s next to impossible to find a powder blue Chargers jersey in the city of San Diego, much less a LaDainian Tomlinson one. It’s easier to find Raiders gear, and that’s sad. I picked up a navy blue LT jersey with stitching, though.
– The 3930 hat by New Era, used primarily by professional baseball clubs in spring training, is the most comfortable hat I’ve ever owned. It’s a flexible fitted hat with great fabric that breathes better than the typical 5950 series, used in game time.
– Having a cell phone as your primary music player is pretty useless in an aircraft, regardless of flight mode or not. iPod Nano, here I come. :-\
– You know you play too much Flight Simulator when you have a pretty good idea of what ILS vector the pilot will be using when approaching an airport.
I haven’t even arrived home yet; I’m at my parents’ house right now. It was my brother’s birthday yesterday and I’m spending a little time with him before I head back.