As you can see, I went through and did a whole bunch of stuff to the site today. More work is forthcoming, too.
The first piece of motivation was to change the header to get that outdated picture out. After doing that, I realized that I had tweaked the PSD that held the layout to alter the shadow angle. Whoops. So, the title was off the rest of the layout. I re-exported the rest of the layout and was like “well, you know, while I’m here, I can fix the horizontal scroll issue at 800×600,” which I did. Then, stuff started just rolling:
- I got rid of Georgia as the primary post text font (it just looked off) and went to a Helvetica/Arial set for post text (Verdana is too wide for my tastes and Tahoma lacks an italic version of the font, making it look TERRRRRIBLE when italicized) and Segoe UI and Lucida Grande for headings for those who have the new round of Microsoft UI fonts (or Macs). Georgia still stays for blockquoted text, though.
- I cleaned up the asides. No incredibly loud 20 pixel-wide left border anymore.
- Note the “Tagulonimbus” tag cloud on the homepage and the bottom of the blog homepage, too. It’s fun.
- My Twitter status is now available under the heading RIGHT NOW on the homepage and blog homepage.
Tweaks are in progress for standard blog posts and their archive pages. I’m still figuring a few things out with those. I think you’ll find, though, that the look is “matured.” I sure think so.