Apparently some former Google folk decided they could do search better. Enter Cuil, which is becoming a synonym for fail.
- Cuil does a number on Patrick’s iFroggy Network.
- Someone, erm, sidestepped the Wikipedia neutrality guidelines in the Cuil article.
- I’m quoted in Veronica Belmont’s analysis of Cuil.
- The Girl Riot also points to my LinkedIn fail as an example of Cuil fail.
- To be fair, things are improving a little bit, as I’m getting some more reliable results now. The “About Cuil” page no longer 404s, too. It still has a ways to go, and a lot of work to do both technically and in PR to overcome this absolutely terrible first impression.
Also, if you find this story worthy, please give it an ol’ Digg. :)