I’d say the positioning of this van next to the Blingmobile was a pretty accurate omen for at least the first half of Monday. Seriously, who does this? And what does it say for my build that I was able to get in the car without the door touching the van? Common sense is extremely uncommon, that’s a fact. Other stuff just was really, really blah all day — not a fun one at all.
However, the weather’s been nice today, if almost hot — 86 at the airport! — so I refused to be defeated. It called for an outdoor lunch of quesadillas and water at Juanita Greenberg’s Nacho Royale on King Street, which was a pretty effective reboot of the day. Here’s the view from the back porch:
The warm weather combined with the Mondayness of it all had me craving a margarita. And while I decided not to make the trek down to Vendue Range for the rooftop experience that I alluded to in my tweet, I know Yo Burrito downtown would set me up right. And they delivered.
So Monday, here’s to you — because as crappy and oppressive as you can be, you are not infallible, and I once again claim victory.
- I survived the first day back from Spring Break. It was altogether uneventful; with only one class on Monday and Friday, it’s not too bad. Today is really going to be the first real test.
- My BlackJack’s case came in. I’m not sure if I’m sold on it yet. While the fit is snug, and works fine with the extended battery cover, it seems to bury itself fairly deeply into the case. Seems like this case is meant more for a Q, which is just ever so slightly wider than the BlackJack.
- I just finished going through the entire Ryan Farish catalog tonight. It’s going to take a LOT of Incubus or some other band to knock him off the top of my last.fm charts this week.
- I might have something nifty to announce later today — it all depends on a few lingering outside factors. I’m hoping I’ll be able to, though. (No, I’m not running for president. I…erm…can’t. :))
- I think I’ve successfully tired myself out enough to go to bed now…and wake up in three hours. Yay.
Catch you all later today…
Today’s been kind of a lousy day. I was slated to wake up at 4am to work on that paper some before I arose for my 8am class; this did not happen. Sure, I drifted in and out of consciousness between 4 and 7am, but I didn’t really wake up. Heck, I managed to leave late. I was walking so fast I didn’t notice it was 34 out.
My classes were alright, I suppose. I was just feeling “bleh” — annoyed and hungry. Then I got into work, read my barrage of e-mails, and then found out Norv Turner — of all people, Norv Freaking Turner — is going to be the next Charger head coach. I’ve got to tell you…this is one hell of a puzzling move. I’m hoping A.J. Smith saw something in him that he didn’t see in any of the other coaching candidates (besides an offensive background). Let’s hope the third time is the charm for Norv. And, let’s hope somehow I get a breakthrough with this paper.